By Anand Prahlad
African American folklore dates again 240 years and has had an important effect on American tradition from the slavery interval to the fashionable day. This encyclopedia presents available entries on key components of this lengthy heritage, together with folklore initially derived from African cultures that experience survived the following and those who originated within the United States.
• deals the main finished compilation of assets on African American folklore, within the kinds of bibliographical citations, lists of sites, and lists of cultural centers
• Demonstrates the significance of black folklore to the improvement of yankee culture
• incorporates a exact choice of entries on black folks traditions
• records the ancient, aesthetic impression of African tradition on African American folklore
Read Online or Download African American Folklore: An Encyclopedia for Students: An Encyclopedia for Students PDF
Best social sciences reference books
The function of the licensed psychological general practitioner calls for the power to make sound and moral judgements according to wisdom of psychological well-being concerns, psychiatry and the legislations. serious considering and research are quintessential to the position, and practitioners have to be capable of stability technical wisdom having the ability to consider their very own, and the pro, price base.
This five-volume Encyclopedia of Anthropology is a special choice of over 1,000 entries that makes a speciality of themes in actual anthropology, archaeology, cultural anthropology, linguistics, and utilized anthropology. additionally incorporated are appropriate articles on geology, paleontology, biology, evolution, sociology, psychology, philosophy, and theology.
This quantity is going past analyzing conventional mentoring agendas through comprehensively addressing modern matters when it comes to mentoring. This certain reference covers moral and felony issues, concerns concerning variety, aligning studying and educating kinds among mentee and mentor, and cross-cultural mentoring.
This worthwhile reference textual content completely examines the alarming epidemic of campus sexual attack, together with a dialogue of legislation, high-profile instances, controversies, and proposed recommendations. • presents assurance of a well timed subject that is helping contextualize the problem through offering old historical past and modern research of key occasions, legislation, humans, and controversies• provides views from people with firsthand adventure with the problem of campus sexual attack, together with a identify IX investigator, a school counselor, a sexual attack nurse, in addition to neighborhood advocates and survivors• Explores concepts and adjustments which could serve to avoid attacks from happening
- Radical Feminists: A Guide to an American Subculture (Guides to Subcultures and Countercultures)
- The Handy Biology Answer Book (The Handy Answer Book Series)
- Encyclopedia of Gangs
- Broad and Narrow Interpretations of Philosophy of Technology: Broad and Narrow Interpretations: v. 2 (Philosophy and Technology)
Additional resources for African American Folklore: An Encyclopedia for Students: An Encyclopedia for Students