By Alan Howe
Support your scholars in constructing the talents required to appreciate and reply to each studied poem within the 2015 AQA Poetry Anthology
- Teaches scholars the right way to examine visible and unseen poems via relocating progressively from first impressions to special explorations with thought-provoking questions at each one stage
- presents methods to studying all 30 poems within the AQA Anthology, together with very important suggestions for writing comparability answers
- guarantees scholars are ready for exam with a spotlight at the talents had to be successful and the way to take on different query forms in Paper 2
Read or Download AQA GCSE English Literature Working with the Poetry Anthology and the Unseens Student Book PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
First released in 1999. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
The yankee theorists: Henry James, Lionel Trilling and Wayne C. sales space have revolutionized our realizing of narrative and feature each one championed the radical as an artwork shape. strategies from their paintings became a part of the material of novel feedback this day, influencing theorists, authors and readers alike.
Concentrating on eighteenth-century buildings of symbolic femininity and eighteenth-century women's writing relating to modern utopian discourse, this quantity adjusts our knowing of the utopia of the Enlightenment, putting a distinct emphasis on colonial utopias. those essays ponder concerns regarding particular configurations of utopias and utopianism by means of contemplating intimately English and French texts via either girls (Sarah Scott, Sarah Fielding, Isabelle de Charrière) and males (Paltock and Montesquieu).
This publication examines the ways in which Classical and Renaissance epic poems frequently paintings opposed to their expressed ethical and political values. It combines a proper and tropological research that stresses distinction and disjunction with a political research of the epic's figurative financial system. It deals an interpretation of 3 epic poems - Homer's Iliad, Virgil's Aeneid, and Spencer's Faerie Queene - that specializes in the way in which those texts make obvious the cultured, ethical, and political distinction that constitutes them, and sketches, in end, replacement resolutions of such department in Milton's Paradise misplaced and Cervantes' Don Quixote, an 'epic' in prose.
- The Testimonies of Russian and American Postmodern Poetry: Reference, Trauma, and History
- No Barrier (A&R Classics)
- Ecosickness in Contemporary U.S. Fiction: Environment and Affect (Literature Now)
- Shades of Laura: Vladimir Nabokov's Last Novel, The Original of Laura
Extra resources for AQA GCSE English Literature Working with the Poetry Anthology and the Unseens Student Book