By Cristina F. Rosa
Read or Download Brazilian Bodies and Their Choreographies of Identification: Swing Nation (New World Choreographies) PDF
Best dance books
A ceremony of passage for Filipino American students, Filipino Cultural evening demanding situations reputable bills of the earlier
As a wildly renowned neighborhood dance express, Soul educate supplied a venue for Chicago’s soul singers and political activists and gave African American kids their first major probability to work out and establish with their friends on tv. the next nationwide sequence garnered much more reputation, constructing manufacturer and host Don Cornelius as the most profitable pioneers of African American tv creation.
Non secular lifestyles and public lifestyles are either passionately played, yet usually understood to exclude each other. This book's array of voices investigates the publics hailed by way of non secular performances and the demanding situations they give to theories of the democratic public sphere.
Sincere our bodies: progressive Modernism within the Dances of Anna Sokolow illustrates the ways that Sokolow's choreography circulated American modernism between Jewish and communist channels of the overseas Left from the 1930s-1960s within the usa, Mexico, and Israel. Drawing upon broad archival fabrics, interviews, and theories from dance, Jewish, and gender reviews, this publication illuminates Sokolow's statements for employees' rights, anti-racism, and the human situation via her choreography for social swap along her dancing and instructing for Martha Graham.
- Exploring Knowledge-Intensive Business Services: Knowledge Management Strategies
- Stepping Left: Dance and Politics in New York City, 1928–1942
- Improvisation Hypermedia and the Arts since 1945 (Performing Arts Studies)
- Dance Movement Therapy: A Creative Psychotherapeutic Approach (Creative Therapies in Practice series)
- Creative Dance for All Ages 2nd Edition
- DanceKinesis: The Missing Dimension in Ballroom & Latin Dance
Extra resources for Brazilian Bodies and Their Choreographies of Identification: Swing Nation (New World Choreographies)