By Eric Barbry,Alain Bensoussan,Virginie Bensoussan-Brulé
La sécurité des biens et des personnes est un droit fondamental reconnu par les textes fondateurs des droits de l’homme, tant au niveau nationwide qu’européen.
Son champ d’application est très huge puisqu’elle concerne l. a. defense des biens (y compris informationnels), mais également l. a. safety des systèmes d’information et l’intégrité body des personnes lorsque des actes sont commis par l’usage des communications électroniques pour porter atteinte à los angeles dignité de l. a. personne (proxénétisme à l’aide des réseaux de conversation, actes racistes et xénophobes commis sur internet), aux mineurs et personnes vulnérables (prostitution de mineurs en ligne, pédopornographie sur internet), à los angeles vie privée et l’identité (captations et enregistrements frauduleux, usurpation d’identité, vidéo-lynchage, appels malveillants, etc.) et aux données à caractère personnel.
Les actes portant atteinte à los angeles sécurité font l’objet de nombreuses inclinations y compris sectorielles, qui se trouvent dans divers codes et lois non codifiées.
Cet ouvrage permet de les rassembler et de les compléter par los angeles doctrine et l. a. jurisprudence associées, mais également par des outils et conseils à l’usage des organismes, l. a. sécurité constituant un enjeu majeur pour ces derniers.
By Raymond S. R. Ku,Jacqueline D. Lipton
Written and dependent for max effectiveness, the book:
- can be utilized effectively in either introductory and complicated courses;
- makes use of sensible, classroom-tested "real international" difficulties to aid scholars practice present ideas to our on-line world law;
- encompasses a versatile, logical association that enables teachers to stress chosen perspectives;
- Is designed for forex, with fabrics geared up round competing ways and theories for any given factor, instead of present major cases;
- offers present net legislations in addition to similar coverage matters that may force destiny felony research while new concerns emerge -- the one casebook to handle either parts. bargains a balanced presentation of competing techniques and theories for every issue;
- offers a worldly research of state of the art criminal concerns via an outstanding collection of cases;
- is still updated with postings of latest circumstances and significant advancements at the writer website.
search for those very important adjustments within the 3rd Edition:
- New co-author Jacqueline Lipton, who brings major educating and writing event within the components of overseas and comparative law;
- New and up to date circumstances, together with: Grokster, ACLU v. Ashcroft, U.S. v. American Library Association, Chamberlain v. Skylink, Lexmark v. Static keep an eye on Components, U.S. v. Elcomsoft, 321 Studios v. MGM Studios, Kremen v. Cohen, Blizzard v. Bnet In re Verizon, Bosley v. Kremer, and People for the moral remedy of Animals v. Doughney;
- remedy of significant advancements, comparable to political cybersquatting laws enacted in a few states (for instance, California's Political Cyberfraud Abatement Act) and adjustments to privateness legislation enacted following the Patriot Act;
- drastically multiplied overseas assurance, together with new foreign situations: Sony v. Stevens, Telstra v. Desktop, Gutnick v. Dow Jones;
- contemporary Canadian instances on web defamation issues;
- judgements from the eu courtroom of Justice analyzing the database directive in 2004, together with the charm in British Horseracing Board v. William Hill;
- quite a few advancements among French and Californian courts in Yahoo litigation relating to Nazi memorabilia in addition to household laws carried out through all E.U. member states which complies with the necessities of the Copyright Directives;
- New part at the failed attempt at inner most self-governance backed by way of ICANN and the scholarship surrounding that effort;
- Jurisdictional fabrics within the bankruptcy on Regulating our on-line world are consolidated for simpler educating and learning;
- up to date difficulties and notes.
when you think about casebooks in your subsequent direction, be sure you study Cyberspace legislations: instances and fabrics, 3rd Edition, the cohesive, sensible, and obtainable alternative.
By Joseph Savirimuthu
By Gerald M Levine,Hon Neil A Brown QC
The Uniform area identify Dispute solution Policy (UDRP) used to be carried out through the web company for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) in 1999. among 2000 while the 1st area identify case used to be determined and 2015 there were over 45,000 determined situations. that is nearly 3,500 to 4,000 judgements each year. events by no means confront one another in individual as they do in a courtroom of legislation. the whole approach occurs on-line. The UDRP is a short, effective and comparatively low-cost regime for deciding upon rights to domains. Trademark vendors can problem area identify registrants for infringement in their rights to the unique use in their marks on the net. judgements are then published on-line inside of forty five days of the submission of the grievance. From those judgements has emerged a special physique of area identify legislations. one of many numerous truths won from the collective knowledge of panelists who come to a decision UDRP circumstances is that events usually fail to appreciate the evidentiary calls for they have to fulfill to be successful. area identify ARBITRATION is the main finished and in-depth paintings at the jurisprudence of domains. It totally describes and illustrates, with case legislations, the procedural strategy and facts parts required of the events. furthermore, it completely explores the legislations governing registration and use of domains which are exact or confusingly just like trademarks.
The e-book presents an analytical description of the method and a step by step exam of the evidentiary parts that events needs to fulfill to set up the benefits of a declare or safeguard of infringement. because the Honorable Neil A. Brown, Queens suggestions in Melbourne, Australia writes within the book's Foreword, "Domain identify Arbitration places flesh at the bones through illustrating how jurisprudence crafted through panelists makes UDRP a residing and dealing dispute solution regime." dealers of this publication have entry to an ongoing complement to be had on-line from the Publisher.
By Lanning G. Bryer,Scott J. Lebson,Matthew D. Asbell
The international has replaced considerably long ago decade, leading to new habit and perform relating to the possession and administration of highbrow estate. This e-book is helping executives, legal professionals, accountants, managers, vendors, and others comprehend the felony, technological, fiscal, and cultural alterations that experience affected IP possession and administration. It presents case reviews, functional examples and suggestion from pro and enduring pros who've followed new and streamlined equipment and practices no matter if as in-house or outdoor assistance, or carrier providers.
- Provides a pragmatic but international method of company IP management
- Serves as a source for in-house and out of doors suggestions, executives, managers, accountants, specialists and others at mid-size and big corporations
- Helps execs navigate the various new demanding situations that experience replaced the ways that highbrow estate is acquired and managed
- Details the newest traits in valuation, exploitation, and safeguard of highbrow property
- Extensive assurance of the felony, monetary, accounting and normal enterprise features of highbrow property
- The mixed services of attorneys, accountants, economists and different company professionals
Timely and correct in view of the worldwide monetary recession amidst rampant technological improvement, this e-book deals new suggestions, practices, regulations and methods because of adjustments in economies and markets, legislation, globalization, setting, and public perception.
By Tanya Aplin,Lionel Bently,Phillip Johnson,Simon Malynicz
Aplin, Bently, Johnson and Malynicz convey us a brand new variation of this crucial paintings, which continues to be devoted to the unique in its process, yet is absolutely up to date in mild of the advancements because the first variation. The authors extend upon the unique paintings, particularly including new fabric at the heritage and present relevance of the motion for breach of self assurance, . The authors pressure either the benefits and drawbacks of the motion for breach of self belief and, like Gurry, they constantly
distinguish the motion from linked legislative regimes which keep an eye on the entry to, acquisition, use and disclosure of knowledge. The e-book broadly references the various analyses of the information safeguard regime and considers additionally problems with jurisdiction and selection of appropriate law.
Bringing jointly their specific abilities and pursuits, the 3 authors produce a clean re-writing of a hugely major textual content which keeps the educational caliber and precision of the unique and stakes its declare once again because the top authority within the field.
By Jan Oster
By Simon Stokes
By Walter Champion,Kirk Willis
In this distinctive but readable felony research, the authors completely assessment the connections among highbrow estate and the activities and leisure industries, protecting every little thing from copyrights and patents to trademarked trademarks and advertising and marketing strategies.
• presents an entire survey of highbrow estate legislations within the activities and leisure industries together with copyright, patents, emblems, exchange costume, exchange secrets and techniques, and the precise of publicity
• Fills a transforming into desire for info approximately entertainment-specific highbrow estate legislations as leisure courses on the universities and legislations colleges are expanding at either the undergraduate and graduate levels
• Addresses the categorical demanding situations and matters led to via numerous different types of electronic technology
By Gérald Delabre
Univers virtuels, mondes en 3D, métavers, avatar, voilà autant de termes qui, tout en étant bien intégrés dans notre environnement moderne, ne sont pas sans interroger l’utilisateur moyen d’Internet.
Les family members et interactions au sein d’environnements virtuels, grâce à des personnages qui nous représentent (ou pas) sous forme d’avatar interrogent également le juriste et le philosophe :
- Dans quelle mesure l’individu se projette-t-il dans son avatar?
- L’avatar dispose-t-il des droits que l’on accorde à toute personne qui interagit dans le monde réel ?
- L’avatar a-t-il un droit à l’image, à une liberté d’expression indépendante de celle accordée à celui qui en a l. a. course ?
- Peut-on confondre los angeles personne qui crée l’avatar et l’avatar lui-même, à tel aspect que l’on pourrait sanctionner les atteintes apportées à cet avatar comme une atteinte apportée à l’individu qui se trouve derrière ?
Le monde économique s’intéresse aussi à ces univers, au sein desquels les concepteurs, dont les objectifs ne sont pas désintéressés, ont pris soin de créer des monnaies virtuelles. Ce sont ainsi toutes les activités économiques qui deviennent possibles. Des échanges économiques, et donc monétaires se déroulent au sein des mondes virtuels, mais aussi entre le monde virtuel et le monde réel.
C’est à cette réflexion juridique pluridisciplinaire, et largement potential, que le Centre Droit et Nouvelles applied sciences convie des philosophes, des économistes et des juristes.